Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Chemo Sweater

It seems when I knit anything these days I choose smaller items, scarves, baby sweaters, hats, purses and the like. I like the quick gratification of finishing a project, otherwise I get bored! However, a few years ago when I was going through chemo I needed a serious distraction. So, I found myself a pattern for an oversized cardigan and went to town. I don’t think I have ever knit anything so quickly in my life.



I have never worn my ‘chemo sweater’ but I will cherish it always, as a project that provided me with a much needed diversion and kept my hands and mind busy for a few weeks. The proportions turned out all wrong and it is really heavy and stretched looking (I think it is because I bought the cheap wool – live and learn).

No comments:

Post a Comment